Monday, May 14, 2012

Up Close and Personal



Last Saturday I braved a bit of rain and went to the Lavender Fleece Farm in Midland which was celebrating farm day and selling lavender plants. The farm is home to a variety of different four footed creatures including Icelandic sheep, Leicester Longwood sheep, a variety of dairy goats and may other animal friends. If you like to knit you can get some pretty special yarn, and if you are like me and not at all crafty you can get some lavender soap. If I looked good in hats I would probably buy one of the hand knitted/felted hats they have for sale. They are just beautiful.  


Of course the incentive for me to go is the variety of lavender plants available for sale. This year I bought one called Lodden blue as it is a hardy lavender and compact. Without a lot of space to plant small is always good.

This farm is a treasure for those of us living in the Saginaw valley area so check out the website and give her a call if you want to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment