Sunday, November 20, 2011

Red Lentil Salad



I bought some orange lentils at Hampshire Farms not too long ago, just because they looked so pretty. So then it was necessary to find a recipe for them. Here is a recipe for Red Lentil Salad where I substituted the orange lentils for the red.

Cook 1 cup lentils in 1 quart water ( I found that it took about 15 minutes to cook, not long at all). While still warm add the dressing: 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 gloves garlic minced. Let the lentils cool to room temperature.

Add the following vegetables:

3/4 cup cherry tomatoes (I substituted home grown orange treasure tomatoes) chopped
3/4 cup chopped cucumber
3/4 cup chopped orange bell pepper
3/4 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste

Toss together.
A quick recipe that sounds really good to me!



My orange treasure tomatoes are still plentiful and tasting like summer. I fully expect them to last into January like they did last year. What a great tomato this one is!

No comments:

Post a Comment