Sunday, June 3, 2012

Seeds Seeds Seeds


When the seed catalogs come out in winter they are seductive to the dedicated gardener. I always order too many and never all the ones I want to order. I like to get seeds that I have never planted before. This year I started purple tomatillo and eggplant tomato seeds inside. The seedlings are doing just fine out in the garden.

Today I planted these Chinese red noodle bean seeds directly into the garden, mostly because I wanted to see how long they would actually get. And if they reach 18 inches like they are supposed to get, then I will certainly have a plant in the garden to talk about this summer. I got the seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds a great place to get rare and unusual seeds.

I also planted birdhouse gourd seeds today so I can make some more birdhouses next spring. I am also looking forward to the pattypan squash.

All in all, it was a good day to plant seeds and as we have had plenty of rain they are already well watered.

No comments:

Post a Comment