Monday, September 10, 2012

Chinese Red Noodle Beans


This year I planted an unusual bean seed (at least to me) called Chinese Red Noodle Beans. They are offered for sale from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds and fortunately they finally germinated and are doing quite well in my September garden. Not only do they look cool on the plant, they taste very good. So I decided to blanch some so that I could freeze them to eat later in the winter.

They don't need much blanching and I expect they will taste just fine come January. Of course as long as the weather holds and no freezing comes for awhile I will be able to keep eating them fresh from the garden. Once the frost comes they will be through. As usual, September is a busy month for this gardener who has plenty of vegetables yet to be harvested. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment