Monday, May 2, 2011

10,000 Steps a Day

The great thing about gardening is the good exercise you get, and you may not even know you are getting it. I wear a pedometer to track how many steps I take in a day and after spending time in the garden yesterday I came away with 7,000 steps without even knowing it! I try to walk 10,000 every day so it was nice to get these steps in so easily.



It took forever this year for the asparagus to come up, but finally I was able to have some for supper today. About time!





The daffodils are still going strong, a little later than usual.









Of course the grape hyacinths have decided to join the land of spring, and the early tulips came out a couple of days ago. I decided to plant onions today so I guess I can say spring really has arrived in mid Michigan. I was wondering if I was going to have to wait until 2012 to see it.













No comments:

Post a Comment