Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Garden in Spring



I believe the varieties of these tulips are Apricot Beauty and Passionale (guess which is which) planted back in 2003. Goes to show tulips don't have to be annuals. I have dug up the Passionale tulips and replanted them throughout the garden in front (yes I am now officially calling it a garden and not a yard) and they still keep giving me more. This is a most reliable tulip for a mid-Michigan garden that has seen 80 degree weather and near freezing in the past week. Not to mention a bit of hale.
No, I am not in the grips of tulipmania. I would not sell my soul for a tulip, let alone everything I own. But I cannot help but be impressed by such a performer. Wish I had such beautiful genes myself!

The money plant is also one of those colorful, reliable plants. Pardon the adjectives Mr. Twain. But they are colorful and they are reliable and I don't know how else to say that except by using those adjectives.


Speaking of books and writers, a favorite writer of mine is Kate Atkinson. Quote from her " In the end, it is my belief, words are the only things that can construct a world that makes sense." Yes, words make sense of the world. But use the nose, the eyes, listen to the insects as they set about their spring work. And taste the asparagus. All will be right with the world when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment