Monday, July 4, 2011

Clematis

This is one vine that is worth growing for the sheer volume of flowers on it. The variety I have is Jackmanii and believe it or not, it is blooming for the second year in a row! I haven't managed to kill it yet. If I keep the roots a bit shaded and give the vine itself plenty of sun maybe I will see blooms next year as well. I have it growing up an obelisk. If the flowers cover it completely I will have achieved something. I am always happy to achieve something. One inch at a time...

1 comment:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL. I love the color! My very pale lavender clematis blooms every year. I do keep its feet cool (hosta growing below the vine) and it has been very happy. It’s just about finished for this season but I had hundreds of flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete